Being injured in a car accident in Bucks County can leave you stressed, in pain, and unsure of how to move forward. Even minor crashes can result in hidden injuries and expensive vehicle repairs. Having an experienced Car Accident Lawyer Bucks County PA on your side makes all the difference in getting the compensation you deserve. In this guide, we’ll look at how working with an attorney after an auto accident in Bucks County helps protect your rights each step of the way.
Common Causes of Car Accidents in Bucks County
Thousands of motor vehicle accidents happen every year on Bucks County’s highways, streets, and backroads. Some common causes of car crashes in the county include:
- Distracted driving – Eyes and attention taken off the road by phones, passengers, controls, food, and other distractions significantly increase accident risk.
- Speeding – Excessive speed reduces vehicle control and driver reaction time available to avoid collisions.
- Drunk driving – Intoxicated drivers account for a disproportionate number of serious and fatal car wrecks in Bucks County.
- Reckless driving – Weaving in and out of traffic, ignoring traffic signals, tailgating, and other reckless behaviors jeopardize everyone’s safety on the road.
- Bad weather – Rain, snow, fog, and other inclement weather reduces visibility and road friction, making accidents more likely.
- Mechanical issues – Blown tires, brake problems, stuck accelerators, and other vehicle breakdowns can instantly cause multi-car pileups.
By staying alert to common accident causes and driving conditions in Bucks County, motorists can help reduce preventable car crashes whenever possible. But when collisions do happen, contacting an experienced attorney right away is key.
Why You Need a Car Accident Lawyer Bucks County PA After a Crash
In the aftermath of an auto accident, having a skilled car accident lawyer fighting for you makes all the difference in obtaining fair compensation. Key reasons to hire legal help after a Bucks County crash include:
- They conduct thorough investigations – An attorney will visit the accident scene, take photos and video, measure skid marks, interview witnesses, and gather police and medical reports. This builds a compelling case.
- They deal with insurance companies – Car accident lawyers are experienced negotiators who won’t let insurers dismiss or minimize injury claims. Maximum settlement value is pursued.
- They determine the full damages incurred – Lawyers make sure all accident costs are identified, from vehicle repairs and medical bills to lost earnings and pain/suffering. No aspect of an injury claim is left unpursued.
- They level the playing field – Individual crash victims are often no match for insurers’ legal teams. Lawyers even the odds and aggressively fight for clients.
- They take cases to court if needed – If fair claim value can’t be achieved through settlement negotiations, lawyers aren’t afraid to file lawsuits and go to court.
With legal counsel by your side after a Bucks County accident, you get tough, seasoned advocates who know how to maximize claim payouts. Don’t leave money on the table by trying to handle a car insurance claim yourself.
Key Questions a Car Accident Lawyer Can Answer in Bucks County
After an auto accident, you likely have many pressing questions regarding your rights and next steps. A Bucks County car accident lawyer can provide legal guidance on issues such as:
- Who will pay for my medical treatment and vehicle repairs?
- What accident injuries are covered by insurance claims?
- How is the value of pain and suffering damages determined?
- How much is my car accident claim potentially worth?
- How quickly can I get my vehicle repaired?
- Should I give a recorded statement to insurance companies?
- How can I get compensation for lost wages from injuries?
- How long do I have to file a car accident lawsuit in PA?
- Is it worth taking my case to court if needed?
Having experienced legal counsel to call with questions takes much uncertainty and anxiety out of the claims process after a Bucks County crash. A lawyer explains your options and fights to maximize your payout.
Common Car Accident Injuries Sustained in Bucks County
Even minor-appearing crashes can cause severe injuries that might not be noticed until hours or days later. Some common car accident injuries in Bucks County include:
- Whiplash – Whiplash occurs when the head and neck are suddenly whipped back and forth. This strains cervical muscles and ligaments, causing intense pain, stiffness, headaches, dizziness, and range of motion loss. Treatment may include pain medication, injections, physical therapy, and surgery.
- Concussions – Concussions result from the violent back-and-forth motion of the brain inside the skull during collisions. Post-concussion syndrome with cognitive problems, sleep disturbances, memory loss, and migraines can persist for months.
- Back injuries – Vertebrae fractures, herniated discs, pinched nerves, and strained back muscles are common car accident trauma. Bulging or ruptured discs often require surgery and lengthy rehab.
- Broken bones – Fractures and breaks to arms, legs, hands, feet, fingers, ribs, hips, and other bones can result from the extreme forces exerted on occupants during car wrecks. More serious compound fractures require immediate surgical repair.
These are just a few examples of collision injuries that may warrant substantial damages from insurers. An experienced Bucks County car accident lawyer helps clients obtain full and fair compensation for any auto accident harm suffered.
Why You Need a Medical Exam After Any Bucks County Car Accident
It’s vital to get checked out by a doctor after any car accident injury, even if you don’t think you were hurt badly. Here are some key reasons:
- Pain and symptoms are often delayed – In the initial adrenaline rush after crashes, victims may not yet feel pain or notice symptoms of injuries. A medical exam can catch issues not apparent immediately.
- Injuries require documentation – To receive any car accident injury settlement, you must be able to document and prove you actually got medical treatment in a timely manner. Insurance companies view gaps in treatment skeptically.
- Serious injuries are often missed – Some car accident trauma like concussions, internal bleeding, and spinal damage have subtle symptoms that are easy to overlook if proper diagnostic testing isn’t performed.
Don’t take chances with your health – get examined and follow your doctor’s treatment recommendations. This also provides critical evidence needed for injury claims. A Bucks County car accident lawyer assists with the medical side of the claims process.
Why Preserving Evidence Matters After Bucks County Accidents
To gain maximum value for car accident injury claims in Bucks County, compelling evidence must be gathered and preserved. Steps to take include:
- Photographing accident scenes – Take photos of skid marks, debris, vehicle damage, and other key crash scene evidence before cars are moved. Photos substantiate how accidents happened.
- Documenting injuries – Make sure all visible cuts, scrapes, bruising, swelling, and other external signs of injuries are photographed soon after accidents, before they heal.
- Keeping medical records – Maintain complete files of all hospital and doctor visits, diagnoses, imaging results, therapies undergone, medications prescribed, and other data that validates claimed injuries.
- Obtaining police reports – Secure police reports establishing causes of accidents and fault. These official documents strengthen injury claims pursuable from at-fault motorists.
- Saving receipts – Keep receipts for vehicle repairs, prescriptions, medical equipment, lost wages, ride shares, and any other accident-related costs to seek reimbursement for.
Experienced Bucks County car accident lawyers know how to build winning claims supported by irrefutable evidence. Don’t leave money on the table – move quickly to gather evidence after crashes.
Why Speaking with a Lawyer Before the Insurance Company Matters
In the days following car accidents in Bucks County, victims are often contacted by insurance claims adjusters seeking to get “their version” of events. However, it’s critical that you consult with an attorney before providing any official statement. Here’s why:
- Adjusters record statements – Victims may not realize adjusters are recording statements to later use against them. Lawyers ensure clients aren’t taken advantage of.
- They seek information that hurts claims – Well-trained insurance adjusters know how to get crash victims to unintentionally divulge information reducing claim values.
- Statements are set in stone – Any mistaken facts or confusion in statements can badly damage claims. Attorneys make sure clients aren’t pressured into statements against their own interests.
Let skilled car accident lawyers deal with insurers directly. Adjusters work for insurance companies – not accident victims. Don’t jeopardize your claim.
Time Limits to File Car Accident Claims in Pennsylvania
In Pennsylvania, strict statutes of limitations govern how long victims have to file accident injury lawsuits and claims:
- Injury claims – PA law gives victims two years from the date of car crashes to file injury-related claims against at-fault drivers. Lawyers typically advise filing much sooner.
- Property damage claims – Claims for property damage must be filed within three years in Pennsylvania.
- Wrongful death claims – Two years from the date of death is given for families to file wrongful death claims resulting from car accidents.
It’s surprisingly easy to miss critical legal deadlines after crashes if you don’t have knowledgeable counsel on your side. An attorney immediately begins the process to secure evidence, file claims, and protect your rights. Don’t gamble with waiting.
Why Lawsuit Filing Deadlines Matter After Crashes
Two years may seem like a long window to file a car accident injury lawsuit in Pennsylvania. But here are some key reasons you can’t afford delays:
- Evidence disappears – Witness memories fade, skid marks wash away, surveillance tapes get deleted, and other evidence can be lost over time. Lawsuits filed quickly are strongest.
- Injuries worsen – Herniated discs, nerve damage, traumatic brain injury symptoms, arthritis, and other harms intensify without surgery. Quick legal action improves outcomes.
- Gaps in medical care – Insurers often dispute claims by alleging “gaps” in treatment. Early injury lawsuits prevent this.
- Quicker settlements – Resolving lawsuits takes time. Waiting months or years to sue after crashes holds up settlements and payments.
Having an experienced Bucks County car accident lawyer onboard right away starts the legal process moving swiftly so you get maximum payouts without unnecessary delays.
Act Quickly to Protect Your Rights After Bucks County Crashes
Immediately following auto accidents in Bucks County, taking swift action is critical to protecting your rights and health. Experienced attorneys guide clients on first steps:
- Focus on healing – Follow doctors’ orders and concentrate fully on your recovery. Let your lawyer handle legal matters so you can avoid stress.
- Don’t talk to insurance companies – Politely refer insurers to your attorney for any statements. Adjusters work for insurers.
- Get prompt medical treatment – Even if you refuse transport to an ER after an accident, get checked out quickly by a doctor to document injuries.
- Gather evidence – Work with your lawyer to collect police reports, photos, video surveillance, and witness testimony to build your claim.
- Keep cost records – Document expenses like medical bills, property damage, lost income, transportation costs, etc. to include in your claim demand.
With legal counsel advocating for you during this critical post-accident window, you maximize your likelihood of success and financial recovery down the road. Don’t go it alone.
Choosing the Right Bucks County Car Accident Lawyer
Not every personal injury law practice has the same successful track record with auto accident clients. Factors to consider when hiring an attorney include:
- Years handling Bucks County injury cases – Local attorneys know the claims landscape, key experts, judges, and case nuances.
- Past car accident settlements/verdicts – Ask for examples and dollar amounts of settlements and jury verdicts secured specifically for auto accident clients. Look for large recoveries.
- Willingness to go to court – Opt for attorneys willing to take cases to trial in Bucks County if fair settlements can’t be negotiated.
- Resources and staff – Well-resourced law firms have teams of paralegals and legal assistants helping experienced attorneys get optimum results.
- Negotiation skills – Strong negotiators can often settle cases favorably without going to court. But they’re trial-ready if needed.
Don’t take risks with your Bucks County accident claim. Get accomplished legal advocates in your corner to maximize claim payouts.
Act Now to Protect Your Rights After a PA Accident
Don’t wait to seek legal help after a car accident in Bucks County. Meeting with attorneys promptly is key to avoiding legal mistakes, documenting evidence, and securing fair compensation for any injuries or losses incurred. Call today for experienced counsel fighting for accident victims.
Here are five questions to ask lawyers when discussing your Bucks County auto accident case:
- How quickly can you start building my injury claim and gathering evidence?
- What is your track record getting six and seven-figure settlements for clients after car wrecks?
- Are you willing to take my case to court if needed?
- How will you try to compel larger settlement offers from insurers?
- What unique resources does your firm offer car accident injury clients?
Get accomplished advocates in your corner – don’t leave money on the table or jeopardize your legal rights after an auto accident in Bucks County. Consult experienced counsel today.