Being involved in a car accident can be a scary and overwhelming experience. When a distracted driver is to blame for an accident, such as one who was texting while driving, the physical, emotional, and financial impacts can be even more devastating. If you or a loved one has been injured in a distracted driving car accident in Montgomery, AL, you need an experienced Montgomery distracted driver car accident injury lawyer to help recover the maximum compensation.
In this comprehensive guide from top Montgomery Distracted Driver Car Accident Injury Lawyer, we will provide key information for accident victims on causes of distracted driving crashes, steps to take after an accident, negligence claims, damages, and how an attorney can assist in seeking financial recovery. Whether you were hit by a texting driver, rear-ended by a distracted motorist, or harmed by any form of negligent driving, our attorneys have the knowledge and skill to build a strong case so you receive full justice.
Why Choose Our Montgomery Car Accident Law Firm for Your Injury Case
When looking for a Montgomery distracted driver car accident Injury lawyer, it is essential to find an attorney and law firm with extensive experience in handling car crash claims involving distraction and negligence. Our attorneys have represented hundreds of accident injury victims over decades in the Montgomery area and throughout Alabama. We have secured millions for clients through settlements and trial verdicts in motor vehicle accident cases of all types. Our legal team is compassionate, aggressive, and dedicated to helping injured victims recover damages. When you choose our firm for your car accident claim, you can feel fully confident you have strong legal advocates on your side.
Common Causes of Car Accidents In Montgomery: Distracted Driving
Car accidents can be caused by Many Various factors, but inattentive driving is one of the leading causes of crashes across Alabama and the nation. Some common forms of distracted driving include:
- Texting While Driving: Taking eyes off the road and hands off the wheel to text is extremely dangerous. Yet many drivers, especially teens and young adults, continue to text behind the wheel. This distraction causes thousands of accidents every year.
- Social Media: Posting and scrolling on sites like Facebook, Instagram and Twitter is another growing form of distraction. Social media use takes visual, manual and cognitive attention away from driving.
- Eating/Drinking: Unwrapping food packaging, eating and drinking beverages takes focus away from the road. Many major crashes have been linked to drivers improperly eating or drinking while operating vehicles.
- Talking: Carrying on involved conversations, especially on handheld phones, is another key distraction. Drivers lose attentiveness when chatting with passengers or on mobile devices.
- Personal Grooming: Surprisingly, many accidents occur when drivers are grooming themselves behind the wheel, applying makeup, tweezing eyebrows, brushing hair or even shaving.
These are just some examples of distractions that could cause an accident with injurious or even fatal consequences in Montgomery or anywhere in Alabama. Understanding the common causes equips all drivers to make safety a priority and prevents needless crashes.
Were You or a Loved One Injured by a Distracted Driver in Montgomery?
If you or someone you care about has been involved in an auto accident caused by any form of distraction or negligence in the Montgomery area, you likely have many questions about your rights and ability to hold the at-fault driver responsible. Our experienced Montgomery distracted driving accident lawyers can answer your questions during a free consultation, including:
- How do you prove the other driver was distracted?
- What damages can you claim after a distracted driving accident?
- Should you speak to insurance companies or accept any settlement offer?
- What is the process for filing a vehicle accident injury lawsuit in Montgomery?
- How long do you have to file a claim after an auto accident?
- How much is your distracted driving accident case worth?
The answers to these questions and more will depend on the specifics of your particular accident and injuries. By consulting our team of Montgomery car accident attorneys, we can review the facts in your case and provide tailored guidance on maximizing your financial recovery. Don’t leave compensation on the table – contact our firm today to get started.
What to Do After a Distracted Driving Accident in Montgomery
If you have been injured by a negligent, distracted driver, there are important steps to take that could impact your ability to successfully claim damages. Here is what our car accident lawyers recommend immediately after an accident caused by a texting driver or other distracted motorist in Montgomery:
- Get Medical Attention: Even if your injuries seem minor, get checked out by a doctor to create a record of treatment connected to the crash.
- Document Evidence: Take photos of damage, the accident location, skid marks and any other relevant evidence. Get witness contact information.
- File a Police Report: Ensure the responding officer files an official report on the crash. Secure your copy of the report.
- Contact an Attorney: Speak to an experienced Montgomery distracted driving accident lawyer before giving any statements to insurance companies. An attorney can handle communications while you focus on recovery.
- Save Records: Keep all documents related to the accident, including medical bills, auto repair estimates, missed work verification, insurance correspondence and any other items needed to prove damages.
By promptly taking these steps after an accident, you put yourself in the optimal position to establish the other driver’s fault and pursue maximum financial recovery.
How Can a Montgomery Distracted Driver Car Accident Injury Lawyer Prove Negligence?
In a vehicle accident injury claim or lawsuit resulting from distracted driving, proving negligence of the at-fault motorist is a key to securing damages. Skilled Montgomery distracted driving accident attorneys have investigative resources and years of experience building strong negligence claims after crashes caused by:
- Texting: We can subpoena phone records to confirm if the other driver was texting, emailing or using apps right before the crash. Witness statements about erratic driving and accident reports also provide evidence of texting.
- Social Media Use: Evidence like location tags, timestamps and content of posts near the accident time can prove social media distraction.
- Carelessness: Witness accounts, accident reconstruction and expert analysis can demonstrate a driver acted carelessly by eating, grooming or otherwise being inattentive behind the wheel.
In addition to proving distraction or negligence by the other motorist, we also work to defend against any accusations they or insurers make against you to try to share blame. With our attorneys fighting for you, we build the strongest case possible to win full financial recovery.
What Damages Can You Claim After a Montgomery Car Accident Caused by Distracted Driving?
In a successful car accident injury claim or lawsuit stemming from a distracted driving crash in Montgomery County, you may be entitled to various forms of monetary compensation, referred to as damages. Common damages our attorneys pursue for clients injured by negligent drivers include:
- Medical Expenses: Any costs for hospitalization, surgeries, therapy, prescription medications, and any other medical treatments required due to accident injuries.
- Lost Income: If accidents keep you from working for a period of time, you can claim lost wages.
- Loss of Future Earning Capacity: Permanent disabilities that reduce future earning ability are also compensable.
- Pain and Suffering: You can claim damage for any physical pain, discomfort, mental anguish, PTSD or other hardships resulting from the crash.
- Property Damage: Repair or replacing for your vehicle or other damaged property.
- Wrongful Death: Families who lost a loved one can pursue a wrongful death claim including funeral expenses, loss of companionship and other costs.
A qualified Montgomery distracted driving accident lawyer will fight tirelessly to prove every damage category you deserve to maximize your payout. We have helped clients secure settlements and verdicts reaching into the millions in car accident cases caused by distracted motorists. With an attorney on your side, you can pursue the best financial outcome possible in your claim.
Why Hiring a Montgomery Car Accident Lawyer is Essential
After being injured by a negligent, distracted driver in Montgomery, it is critical to have a knowledgeable attorney helping you seek maximum damages. Our distracted driving accident lawyers in Montgomery handle the entire legal process for you while you may concentrate on getting better. Benefits of legal representation include:
- In-Depth Investigation: We conduct a thorough probe into the accident to build a winning claim.
- Dealing with Insurance: Car insurers have adjusters to protect their bottom line interests. We handle negotiations firmly and strategically.
- Valuing Your Claim: Based on our experience, we will maximize the value of your unique car accident injury case.
- Legal Knowledge: We know how to successfully navigate the claims process, statutes of limitations, lawsuit proceedings and more.
- Level Playing Field: We even the odds against big insurers trying to deny or minimize your rightful recovery.
Our Montgomery distracted driving accident attorneys are ready to provide committed legal advocacy so you receive full and fair compensation. We offer free, no obligation case evaluations to advise you of your best options.
Act Now to Protect Your Rights After a Montgomery Distracted Driving Accident
The dedicated Montgomery car accident lawyers of our firm are here to provide skilled representation if you or a loved one have been harmed by a negligent, distracted driver. We take the burden off your shoulders – you can trust us to handle matters both in and out of court to get you the maximum damages you deserve.
Frequently Asked Questions About Distracted Driving Accident Claims in Montgomery, AL
Q: How can I prove the other driver was texting when they caused my accident?
A: Our lawyers can subpoena phone records, combine eyewitness statements, use accident reconstruction findings and secure police reports to prove the at-fault driver was illegally texting behind the wheel when they crashed into you.
Q: What if the insurance company provider offers me a quick settlement?
A: Never accept an initial settlement offer without consulting our experienced lawyers first. We can properly value your claim using our legal expertise and negotiate skillfully on your behalf.
Q: Do I have to pay legal fees upfront to hire a distracted driving accident attorney?
A: No reputable personal injury lawyer charges any upfront fees to accident injury victims. We only collect legal fees out of any favorable settlement or court award we obtain for you.
Q: How long do I have to file an injury claim after a car accident in Alabama?
A: Under the statute of limitations in Alabama, you normally have just two years after an auto accident to file a personal lawsuit claim against the at-fault driver. Contact a lawyer immediately so you do not miss your deadline.
Q: Could a distracted driving accident claim end up in court?
A: While many accident claims settle out of court, our attorneys are fully prepared to take your case to trial if needed to pursue maximum damages against a negligent driver. With decades of experience, we are not afraid to go to the courtroom.